We want your stay at ARCA to be as pleasant and productive as possible. In order to maintain an environment suited for your recovery, we ask that you adhere to these guidelines:
Please bring your:
- Photo ID,
- Insurance card (if applicable),
- Money to purchase snacks (beyond provided meals) and/or personal items.
Dress should be casual and comfortable. Appropriate attire includes:
- Casual slacks or jeans (to be worn at waist —”no-sagging”),
- Sports shirts (no tank tops),
- Shorts such as walking/Bermuda shorts (no more than four inches above the knees),
- Jogging suits,
- Comfortable shoes,
- A coats or lightweight jacket/sweaters (season-appropriate).
Special Notes For Women
In addition to the above please consider these items:
- Blouses (covering mid-section/no spaghetti straps),
- Skirts and dresses which are knee length or longer,
- Women are required to wear bras.
Your laundry is done by ARCA once a week.
Please remember to bring all personal items you may need during your stay. You may also want to bring personal towels, blankets, pillows, or alarm clock. Please limit personal items/clothing to two bags or fewer.
DROP OFF OF PERSONAL ITEMS: Drop off times are Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 4PM.
If these times are not convenient, you may also mail items to ARCA in care of the client’s name. Our address is: 1931 Union Cross Road Winston-Salem NC 27107
What To Leave At Home
- No tank tops,
- No clothing depicting alcohol or drug use, sex or violence,
- No clothing containing alcohol drug, or tobacco logos,
- No blouses with spaghetti straps or blouses showing mid-section.
- No cell phones, smart watches, tablets or computers,
- No cameras, tape recorders, televisions, or other audio/video equipment
- No E-readers. MP3 players, iPads,
- No expensive jewelry.
- No weapons of any kind (knives, guns, etc.)
- No straight razors
- No glass items, knitting needles, crochet hooks, metal hair picks
- No items containing alcohol including perfumes, body sprays, aerosol sprays, colognes, mouthwash,
- No food or drink items, including water,
- No exercise equipment,
- No shoe polish,
- No detergent,
ARCA will secure and keep any items you bring that you are not allowed to have and return to you when you leave treatment. All electrical items —electric razors, curling irons, hair dryers, etc. will be kept with your personal items and distributed at the appropriate times.
If you have questions about whether an item you are bringing is appropriate, please call ARCA at 877-612-2722.